Since the news of the first case of the Corona virus was detected last week Thursday, there have been 2 more positive Covid-19 cases detected.
The second case was made public by the Minister of Health Dr. Zweli Mkhize on Saturday. The patient was part of the group of 10 that went to Italy of which 9 was said to have returned to South Africa. The minister said the patient has been isolated at the Charlotte Maxeke Academic hospital in Johannesburg.
The third case was announced by Dr. Mkhize on Sunday and the patient is the wife of the first coronavirus case who tested positive in KwaZulu-Natal. Also, she was part of the group that arrived from Italy. Their 2 children have been tested and their results came out negative. However precautionary measures have been taken to isolate them as well.
The minister said that the other 6 persons who are part of the group of 10 have been tested and their results are expected in 2 days.
Presently there are 2 known cases in KwaZulu-Natal and 1 case in Gauteng. The minister said there is no need for panic after these 3 confirmed cases of coronavirus in South Africa.
Washing of hands thoroughly several times daily and avoiding crowded places if possible. Else, keep a safe distance in crowded spaces while using a tissue to sneeze or cough as the droplets from flu like symptoms is what spreads the virus.
Lastly, avoid traveling to known Covid-19 hotspots globally.